We are on day 5 of potty training Ignacio. I am hoping that at a later date I will be able to write a more insightful posting, filled with all the lessons learned and a happy ending.
That will have to be another day. Today I am frustrated. Sure we've had some successful "pee in the potty" moments, but we've also had quite a few "sit on the potty for half an hour and then pee on the floor 2 minutes after he gets off" moments.
The highlight so far was yesterday. He told me "you have to sit on the potty because you're peeing right now!" (he still reverses his pronouns, so was talking about himself). He had peed just a drop, and mangaged to get most of it into the potty. We were all thrilled. It was not until that moment that I recognized that slow as it may be, we are making some progress.
I knew this was going to be hard, but so far has been much harder than anticipated. I know he can do it, which is probably why I'm so frustrated with the whole thing. Trying to entertain him and Lucy, while staying in the kitchen and bathroom for large portions of the day (read: tile floor) is getting pretty boring for everyone involved.
There are some who might say that he's just "not ready." I disagree. He gets it....it will just take practice. Anyway, we're on day 5. At this point, there is no way in hell that I'm going back to diapers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment